Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Income from the employer and Tax as well as NI paid is not reflected against NI number

Hi, I have been employed with same employer since August 2016. I have been paid on the 28th or the last working day, whichever is later. I also have the P60s for all these years. However, in April 2023, I was suddenly allocated temporary tax code and I was asked to contact HMRC to resolve the issue with the tax code. When I contacted the HMRC on the personal tax helpline on 2nd MAy 2023, I was told that there was more than one employment entry against my NI number. So, the guy on the HMRC end, deleted all of my employment record and created new employment record with the same employer. I was told that when the employer sends the payroll information, it will get updated. However, it hasn't gotten reflected yet. I called on the personal tax account helpline a number of times after that and I was told that the employer needs to talk to HMRC on the employer helpline to resolve this issue. The employer also contacted HMRC using the employer helpline and even today, I along with my employer called on the employer helpline and we were told that employer helpline can only confirm if the numbers at HMRC end and numbers reported by my employer through FPS match, they can't offer much help but I need to talk to HMRC using the personal tax helpline. This has been going on over an year without any resolution. I am not sure why there is no update to the income I am receiving or taxes or NI I have paid. At present, my personal tax account is showing that I never received any income in the last 5 years and there is no tax or NI paid for those 5 years. Any help in this regard, will be much appreciated.