Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Cashback

Hi Thanks for your reply. Can you please clarify whether I am correct? So I would class the bank switching reward and the cashback amounts as other income and declare the amount over £300? Many thanks
  • Cashback

Hi Can you please tell me whether cashback received from websites such as Topcashback and Quidco is classed as taxable income please? Also, I received a reward for switching banks. Is this taxable please? Thanks.
  • Cashback

Hi Do I have to include cashback as other income for tax credits please? I have received cashback from Topcashback, Quidco and my bank. I also received £200 from a bank switching offer. Thanks
  • Gift

Hi My uncle says he is thinking of gifting me £75000. We currently receive tax credits as a family and I am concerned as to how this would impact us. I understand the only tax to pay on the gift will be on due via Inheritance tax at a later date. My question is should I stop our tax credit claim if he decides to gift us the money or just carry on declaring any interest it makes alongside our earnings and let HMRC decide whether we receive any tax credits? Many thanks.
  • Tax on gift

Hi My uncle would like to give me £75000 as a gift. Would this be legal? Would there be any tax to pay on this? I know about inheritance tax but would I have to pay any income tax? Many thanks