Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: REIT Dividend distribution form investment clarify

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I have further question. 1. Can I deduct the expense generate the dividend? For example, transaction fee, margin loan interest (if any) ...etc 2. Will the dividend allowance will calculate by HMRC after I declare or I should deduct the allowance before declare it? Thank you. Regards, kf
  • REIT Dividend distribution form investment clarify

Hi HMRC, I will receive foreign REIT dividend distribution soon. The dividend will comprise two components: 1. Distribution out of income (says, total amount is £100) 2. Distribution out of capital. (says, total amount is £80) May I know if I need declare dividend is £100 (income only) or £ £180 (income + capital)? Reason to ask this question, capital is part of amount on my investment. It does not any kind of income. Thank you. Regards, kf
  • Dividend tax calculation

Hi HRMC team, I take care my kids at home and jobless. I have certain amount of dividend received annually. Salary (income): £0 Dividend collect annually: £30,000 After deduct Dividend allowance £2000 and personal allowance £12570 Tax to to pay : (£30000 - £2000 - £12570) x 7.5% = £1157.25 It that right? Thank you, Regards, kf
  • RE: Gift tax for cash gift from overseas

Hi HRMC, I came to UK last Sept with BN(O) Visa, My mum in Hong Kong send me £4000 monthly as gift to support me to buy a house here. So annually is around £48000. Do I need to pay tax on the gift? Is it need declare it when file Self Assessment? Thank you.