Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2024 10:44:33 GMT by ayodeji85
Good Afternoon Our company was closed over a year ago because it converted to a charity The documents were sent/filed with companies house and it is my understanding that companies house ought automatically inform HMRC (i could be wrong) However this hasnt happened because I received a letter and a small fine asking us to pay for failing to submit our corporation tax even if although it was £0. Can you kindly advise on what needs to be done because I have spent the last hour calling different HMRC numbers and they keep passing me from one department to another but no one seems to know what to do. I just want to have this resolved it is important to mention that the period covered in the letter is beyond when the organisation was closed Any advice will be really appreciated. Thank you
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2024 10:57:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 13 Response
Hi
If the company has converted to a charity, they should contact us and we can deal with the conversion, if applicable.
Charities may still need to file returns even when converted.
The Director needs to either:
write into us at CT Services
HMRC
BX9 1AX or
call 0300 200 3410
Thank you
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2024 11:31:35 GMT by ayodeji85
Thank you so much HMRC Admin 13 I can confirm that I have spoken to an advisor who advised me to disregard the letter because our records have now been updated BUT I will still write in to ensure it's documented Thanks again

You must be signed in to post in this forum.