Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 06 Aug 2024 13:49:16 GMT by Edith JJ
I submitted R&D tax credit claim for the period ending 29th February 2024 on 12th June 2024, and the Additional Information form on 24th May 2024. I have the submission reference number for the Additional Information. However, we received a letter from HRMC that the claim is not accepted due to missing additional information form. I sent e-mail to HMRC R&D team more than 40 days ago, however, no response. Is there anyone I can contact form technical side to get this fixed ?
Posted Thu, 08 Aug 2024 07:03:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Edith JJ,
You will need to contact to RD mailbox:
rd.incentivesreliefs@hmrc.gov.uk
Outlining clearly the right of representation, stating that the additional information form was submitted before the R&D claim and ask for an update on whether this has been received.
Make sure to include details such as UTR, accounting period and the claim itself and the dates of which the AIF was sent.
Unfortunately, there is no contact form, and the mailbox will be the correct route to progress chase this.
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 08 Aug 2024 09:36:06 GMT by Gaynor Gosling
HMRC please can you advice if there is a time limit between the submission of the AIF and when the CT600 must be submitted? Thanks
Posted Fri, 09 Aug 2024 06:59:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Gaynor,
The the only avenue for progress chasing your R&D claim is via the mailbox
 rd.incentivesreliefs@hmrc.gov.uk.
CIRD80350 - R&D tax relief: introduction: R&D Compliance contact details
You will need to contact them via this route regarding your query.
Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 09 Aug 2024 18:43:59 GMT by Gaynor Gosling
Dear HMRC 25, thanks for your prompt reply. However, to be clear I'm not chasing a claim. I am trying to clarify if there is a timeline within the process that we need to be aware of. The process is that AIF gets submitted and only then can the CT600 be submitted. My question is if for example the AIF was submitted on the 1st August can the CT600 be submitted at any time up to the 2 year statutory period or is there a cut off? In an ideal world they would be submitted within a short time window but sometimes this isn't possible. Thanks
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2024 12:21:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
Any amendment to the original return must be made online within the 2 year statuatory period.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.