Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 15:49:41 GMT by Barry Chapman
Hi, I have to apply for the certificates of residency, and some countries require this via their own local forms, Indonesia DGT form, France 12816*3 5003 & 12816*4 5000, Italy Agenzia Entrate form etc. On these We fill out the entity details, tax numbers of our companies. Then the company details of the Payer, then sign and date, send these off to HMRC for Certification of Residency, once returned back to us, we send on to the customer. Some customers have now asked for these to have my wet signature on the form. My question is can we send the forms to HMRC, with our details on (Company name, address and tax numbers) for certification, without the details of the payee and my signature, so that when we recaive them back, I can then wet sign them and send them on to the customers? I have never been sure of the process for local forms completion and what is needed before asking to be certified, if they can be blank (only the Payers details and signature section for me!), then I could ask for a batch of the forms to be stamped by HMRC, so that when they are requested for, I can then fill in the customer details, sign and date what we have, instead of making a request each time (there are many requests in my company) as some do not accept just the Basic Certificate of Residence.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 13:54:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response

Hi ,

You would need to fill in you part before we can agree and stamp it.  The double taxation agreement between us would set out if a wet signature is required. They should accept the form as completed.

If they are trying to make amendment to what certificates off residency contain or how the form is to be completed, they would need written verification from the appropriate tax authority to confirm this.

I would recommend you check with the foreign tax authority, and if they say the acceptable, then I believe your customers are obligated to accept them.  However, I can not say for certain as this is out of our jurisdiction.

If you receive the written confirmation, saying this is need send it in with the request and we can investigate signing the originals for you.

Thank you 
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2024 12:54:26 GMT by Andrew
I have a DGT form for Indonesia. Who do I contact to get it stamped by a Competent Authority or authorized tax office?
Posted Thu, 05 Sep 2024 10:54:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

You need to send this to:

HMRC,
PAYE & Self Assessment,
BX9 1AS

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 05 Sep 2024 11:23:26 GMT by Andrew
Is this the correct address to send it to for a Ltd Company, not an individual?
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2024 09:19:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Andrew,
If you need to send HMRC a physical document produced by a foreign tax authority to complete, you can mail one to the Corporation Tax Services office. You can find the office and courier address here - Corporation Tax: general enquiries.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.