Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 09 Oct 2024 16:22:51 GMT by karen welch
My accountant has retired and i am now doing our company accounts. My question is how do i find out the figure for any unused trading losses from previous years ?
NB we had trading loss in 2022 we received a tax refund in 2023.
also where do i use these ( if there are losses c/f) on the CT return when 2023 is also a loss figure on profit
Thanks in advance
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2024 12:02:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 13 Response
Hi karen welch
If you wish to find the figure for any unused trading losses for the previous year, this figure can be found in the company computations. 
This will be shown under the trading losses summary, which should breakdown the loss position for that tax year. 
If you do not have this information, you can contact HMRC through the options at: Capital Gains Tax and request a copy of the CT600, accounts and computations for one tax year only. 
If you wish to carry losses forward or you have brought forward losses and set off or claimed against profits this can inserted on the CT600 return in boxes 160 or 285. 
Guidance on completion of the company tax return can be found at: Corporation Tax for Company Tax Return (CT600 (2024) Version 3) 
Any further advice, you would need to speak with an accountant and or a financial advisor.
Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.