Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 15:54:58 GMT by
Hi, I'm planning on striking off my Ltd and have already sent a letter to the appropriate adress. However, I'm not sure if I will get any confirmation when this letter reaches HMRC, so I am worried that it might cause problems if the letter gets lost or I fill in the DS01 form before the letter gets processed. When can I start the process, and should I expect any confirmation?
Posted Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:17:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 13 Response
Hi Companies can apply for strike-off and dissolution at any time, but directors are responsible for ensuring that they have dealt with all company assets and liabilities before making an application. HMRC will update the company’s record when your letter is reviewed. If you would like HMRC to confirm receipt of your letter, you can request this by calling us on 0300 200 3410. Thank you
Posted Thu, 16 Nov 2023 09:05:49 GMT by
I spoke to an agent on the phone, I inquired about the notification letter I sent, and she said you no longer need to notify HRMC by letter because Companies House will inform HMRC about the strike-off, is it true?
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 12:18:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
Yes you should still be notifying HMRC and sending us the DSO1. This form advises you to send copies to all notifiable parties such as creditors etc.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.