Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2024 09:54:34 GMT by donald rai
Hi, i registered a limited company last year and since then has been dormant. I have an UTR but my activation code for coporation tax sent last year was expired. I got a letter from HMRC asking company tax return about a month ago. but the company has been dormant and i have noticed HMRC that the company is dormant last week. 1st question: in this case, do I still need to respond to the company tax return letter sent last month? 2nd question: as the company is not dormant and not planning to trade, I am planning to close the limited company, is there anything i need to do with HMRC before i close it? thanks
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2024 11:38:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
If the Company is registered as dormant with HMRC (please note you will need to notify HMRC as well as Companies House as they are seperate entities) from Incorporation you will not need to take any further action.
However if the account period in question is still showing as live you will need to write in to confirm your Company has never traded & that you intend to close the Company.  
We can then adjust our records to confirm Dormancy from date of Incorporation. 
Thank you.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2024 21:07:05 GMT by donald rai
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2024 21:14:22 GMT by donald rai
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.