Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 22:27:54 GMT by Joce Chow
If any capital loss of disposal of shares for previous years were not reported in the corresponding tax turns for those years, can I amend the tax return for the year 2022-2023 (which is currently available to amend) and report those losses there as the capital losses taken forward for future uses? Thanks a lot.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:14:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

The 4 years only refers to HMRC being notified that they exist. the loss itself can be carried forward indefinately.

You are now to late to make a claim for these from 2019 to 2020.

Capital Gains Tax: what you pay it on, rates and allowances

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.