Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 11:50:27 GMT by
Hi, I am self employed. I sold a property in May-2020 but did not report to HMRC (Did not submit CGT). I also submitted tax return for TY 2020-21 but did not include the gains. It was residential property. Do I need to Amend the Tax return TY 2020-21 and include the CGT summary? And/Or Do I need to submit paper based CGT? Do I need to do both? I also sold another property in October 2022 (Residential property) but I did not submit report to HMRC (Did not submit CGT) But, I have included the gains in my tax return TY 2022-23 and paid the taxes on gains. Do I need to submit CGT separately? I tried to submit CGT online, but at some point they asked me ' Did you submit self assessment tax return for TY 2022-23' I have selected 'Yes' Then they said 'You can not use this service' what does it mean?
Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:41:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

For 20/21 you will need to do both. For 22/23 you need to submit the paper property disposal return -  Report and pay your Capital Gains Tax.
You cannot use the online service as you have since submitted the tax return.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.