Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 05:54:01 GMT by
Hello, I have recently submitted a capital gains real time transaction but have realised that I made a mistake in the submission. Is there any way to amend a capital gains real time transaction submission, and if yes, how? While I received a submission reference when I submitted it over three weeks ago, I have not received any further communication since. Thanks!
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 11:49:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi mfs95,
You’ll need to submit a new report using your report reference number starting with ‘RTT’.
You’ll be sent this number by email after you first use the service.
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 13:03:33 GMT by
Thanks! How do I get the "report reference number"? When I submitted the transactions, I received a submission reference number, is this the same as the "report reference number"?
Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 13:57:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

Yes, it is the same.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 14:04:26 GMT by
Hi, None of the submission reference numbers I received start with "RTT" (they are all 10 digits, though). When I tried to update the transaction report online, and entered the submission reference number, it did not work (it says "Enter a valid report reference number"). I tried with and without the hyphens in the submission reference number, and as mentioned, I have not received any further communication since submitting the transaction a month ago.
Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2024 09:51:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi mfs95,
You will need to contact us direct to see if we can find anything for you on 0300 200 3310.
Thank you.

Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 04:10:14 GMT by
I have exactly the same problem, there is clearly a system issue. Asking people to ring in and hang on for extended periods of time isn't helpful as they are just going to repeat what they've put on the forum. Please fix it as it's very frustrating.
Posted Mon, 02 Sep 2024 16:41:30 GMT by Jay1111
DId anyone resolved it sucessfully? I spoke on chat and called line and was told to basicly create new report and it will be overwritten? i am confused on the process in that case what is the point of the code send over email if it cannot be used to make amends. How does it work now payment wise? with 2 reports i will i have to pay twice and ask for refund later?
Posted Sun, 06 Oct 2024 20:20:04 GMT by jyuk
Please can anyone advise me how to get the report reference number starting with ‘RTT’. I only got the submission reference number but these are not starting with RTT.
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2024 14:06:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response

Hi ,

You would need to contact our helpline on 0300 200 3300 or contact our webchat facility at :

Contact HMRC .

Thank you  .
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2024 19:43:52 GMT by Jay1111
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2024 15:41:24 GMT by mathias
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.