Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 10:23:42 GMT by benny ko
Hope you are well ! I am currently not an UK resident and have some stock shares in an oversea broker. If I transfer the stocks to UK after I become an UK resident, and sell them subsequently; would the selling of stocks be taxed for capital gains? If so, is the taxable amount equal to selling price minus the price I bought them in the foreign broker? Thank you!
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 15:52:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi benny ko,
Yes they would be liable to Capital Gains Tax on the difference in price bought for and sold for.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.