Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 11 May 2023 00:06:06 GMT by WendySpeight Carsom
Hi We are going into consultation as our employer wants us to claim our mileage from HMRC rather than themselves. 1. Would this be done yearly in arrears or via a change in tax code 2 We are paid minimum wage if we cannot claim this money back within the month as we do now does this mean we are being paid less than minimum wage.
Posted Wed, 17 May 2023 14:25:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

If your mileage expense and professional subscription are more than £2500.00, you would need to claim your mileage allowance and professional subscriptiona through your self assessment tax return each year you claimed more than £2500.00.  

You tax code for the current/next tax year can be amended  to include your mileage allowance, so that tax relief is given each month, with the actual amount claimed in the tax return.  

In either case, it is important that we hold an accurate estimate of your annual pay, so that the correct relief is given in your tax code.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.