Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:54:57 GMT by Jacob Shin
Dear HMRC, For foregin dividend as received into my bank account, may I know if I enter the amount of deducted tax by the foreign country will be calculated as a tax relief of my income tax. Thank you, 
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 14:20:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Jacob Shin,

You will need to claim a foreign tax credit for the overseas tax paid on the supplementary page Self Assessment: Foreign (SA106).
The foreign tax credit can be up to 100% of the overseas tax paid, depending on how much UK tax liability there is in this income.  
Have a look at the guidance at Tax on foreign income If you're taxed twice  

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.