Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 03 Oct 2023 18:28:16 GMT by tony
Hello I am a driving instructor I have bought a second hand car which has been modified with dual controls which I payed someone to fit. Am I allowed to use Simplified Expenses for my mileage year on year without changing it for the time I own it? I’m aware that I can not claim anything else for the running costs of the car if I use this method. Thank you
Posted Mon, 09 Oct 2023 12:18:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Have a look at the guidance below on simplified expenses.

Simplified expenses if you're self-employed

It advises that you cannot use simplified expenses as the car is a modified dual control driving instructors car.  

Further guidance on expenses can be found at:

Expenses if you're self-employed

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.