Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 05:16:58 GMT by Mr Sha
Hi team, Your website mentions very clearly about the tax relief rate of 45p for using the personal vans/cars to travel to temporary workplace. Whereas there is no meaningful information available that how will you treat the expenses incurred on public transport. Will the whole amount of fare to temporary workplace be used or there are some generically set rates for this too similarly to mileage rate. Kindly illuminate on this.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 11:56:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

There is not a set rate for public transport. You will need to submit your claim using a form P87 for review. You can see guidance here:

Claim tax relief for your job expenses if you cannot claim online

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.