Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 02 Nov 2023 15:21:31 GMT by David Harvey
I was unaware that I could claim for replacement doors last tax year. Can I claim for them in this tax year?
Posted Fri, 03 Nov 2023 10:34:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi David Harvey,
No, you can only claim the expense in the tax year in which it arises.
You would need to amend the tax return in question to include the expense of replacement doors.
If you submitted your tax return online, you will be able to log into the tax return and amend it from within your personal tax account.
If you submitted a paper tax return, you would either post an amended SA105 or a letter advising which boxes to amend and the amount.
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 09:40:55 GMT by wdoogan
On a similar query, I only just realised that I could claim for the product fee, valuation fee, lending fee etc etc when re-mortgaging a property, and these can be claimed in the legal management and other professional fees box. I had incurred these fees in the 2021-2022 tax year, but never made the claim. How can I claim for them? Can I amend the 2022-2023 tax SA submission and include them?
Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:19:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi wdoogan

It is now to late to amend the return and you will now need to submit a claim in writing and make reference to overpayment relief - SACM12150 - Overpayment relief: Form of claims

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.