Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 16:57:55 GMT by Lindsay Gray
My client had an amendment done by the PCA team, which they confirmed would be included on the November C79 and would be issued in December. Logged into the system, but I can not see it. I have contacted the PCA Team who say to phone the import helpline who say to contact PCA. Used the webchat they said to contact PCA or logged an IT issue. Emailed the C79 email request team, they said they are not able to help. Anyone have any ideas of what to try next please? My client is desperate to include this amount on his VAT return as has been effected by the writers strike. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 11:24:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

Please chase this up with the PCA team as if they have made the amendment then this should automatically update on the next monthly C79.

However, although you will need the correct C79 in your records in the event of an inspection, you can use alternative import evidence on a temporary basis to allow you to recover the correct amount of import VAT incurred. This can include documents from the freight agent involved in the clearance of the goods at the border.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.