Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 07:03:34 GMT by TomasV
I would like to know, from a business perspective, when we are selling goods from Great Britain to Northern Ireland, is it required to lodge a export declaration in UK and then import declaration in NI, or we just need to declare import in NI? Thanks in advance
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 15:17:05 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Hi No an export declaration from the UK to NI is not required . Either your customer or you will need to complete a customs import entry . Who that should be will depend on your contractual arrangement.
Posted Thu, 02 May 2024 07:54:09 GMT by TomasV
Thank you for your answer, would you be so kind, providing me a reference to some webpage or some document where can I find this information? I searched a lot and found it only in document called Tariff Volume 3 Great Britain Supplement, but nowhere else.
Posted Thu, 02 May 2024 17:14:28 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Most people use the Government funded Trader Support Service . The haulier / transporter will need to lodge the information prior to the transport leaving the UK . Either you or you customer will need to complete the final details later. There are plenty of guides and support on the TSS
Posted Wed, 15 May 2024 08:19:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi TomasV,
Traders can check if they need to declare goods they move:
•    between Great Britain and Northern Ireland
•    to or from the EU
•    to or from any other countries
Check if you need to declare goods you bring into or take out of the UK
Below guidance covers trading and moving goods in and out of Northern Ireland.
Trading and moving goods in and out of Northern Ireland
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.