Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 15:23:29 GMT by Janet Fairclough
We have a local company who are trying to take some equipment over to Canada so they can complete some work. They will be taking their equipment over to Canada with them and bringing it back when the work is finished. They already have an ATA Carnet, but I am being told that Canada don’t accept ‘Professional Equipment’ on an ATA Carnet. Do you know if this is correct? If it is correct, would you know what paperwork would need to prepare / obtain to get the equipment in and out of the country, as everyone I am asking doesn’t know the answer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 10:12:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Pleas seek  guidance  from Canadian customs for alternative options if you  do not accept ATA carnet.
When goods are imported into the UK temporarily traders can use temporary admission relief, the trader needs to check with the Canadian customs if they have any such relief available and how it can be claimed.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.