Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Compensation for Loss of Notice - Reclaiming Personal Tax

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • Carrying work out in Canada

We have a local company who are trying to take some equipment over to Canada so they can complete some work. They will be taking their equipment over to Canada with them and bringing it back when the work is finished. They already have an ATA Carnet, but I am being told that Canada don’t accept ‘Professional Equipment’ on an ATA Carnet. Do you know if this is correct? If it is correct, would you know what paperwork would need to prepare / obtain to get the equipment in and out of the country, as everyone I am asking doesn’t know the answer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • Sending Food Samples to Europe

Do you know if there are any problems with sending food samples by road into Europe at the moment? I haven’t heard of any new rules, but I know a couple of NW companies are having problems with DHL and other courier companies and they are refusing to send any samples by road, due to them clearing the goods at customs at the point of destination. This means sending samples air freight as method of transport which is triple the cost, which is not good for UK food manufacturers. Can you please advise? Thank you refusing everything by road