Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2024 21:36:34 GMT by ko07
I lived Sweden before August 2022 and after that I moved to UK. I receive tax refund from Sweden as cheque and deposit into my UK account. Will I need to pay tax for this?
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 08:35:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Not on the refund but if you have already claimed foreign tax credit relief you will need to adjust the amount you have claimed

Thank you
Posted Mon, 01 Apr 2024 16:10:19 GMT by Suzana Mungy
I live in Tanzania recently i received tax refund from HMRC in terms of chewue bur unfortunately my country doesnt not accept foreign cheques nowadays what should i do to get my money
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 13:52:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Neil122

In return for a service is broad language, and could cover a lot of different scenarios - for example, sharing a social media post, or signing up to use a particular platform.
As you had to send tokens to an address this is seen as a service and therefore liable to income tax.  
When you receive airdrops of crypto that are subject to Income Tax, you’ll pay tax based on the fair market value in GBP at the time you received them. 

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.