Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2024 08:20:50 GMT by mark4879 jenkinson
I completed an application for TOR. The application was not accepted as their was insufficient information regarding my intended address. I was asked in that application to complete a new application and provide a lawyers letter stating my intended address as it is a new home currently being completed. The home is ready on the 31st July in my home town. I completed a new application and submitted the lawyers letter as proof of residency. Now today I have received an email stating that my application was not accepted and that I should complete a new application with the following statement "Please send through an up-to-date document, this can be in the form of a Utility Bill or Bank Statement which shows your name, address and is dated within the last 3 months. Contract of Employment, Hotel Booking or Tenancy/Rental Agreement". There are no utility bills or bank statements as it's a new house. I did as was asked in the first letter but now this even asked for a contract of employment! I am returning home to the UK with my family after a period overseas. Coincidentally some of our personnel effects were purchased in the UK when will lived there in 2015-2016. What next? Can you give further guidance please.
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2024 08:01:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
We would advise contacting the Customs and International trade helpline on 0300 322 9434 for help in relation to TOR application.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.