Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 22 Dec 2023 18:08:47 GMT by
Hello, I currently own shares listed on New York Stock Exchange, and managed from a French bank account. I would now like to transfer those shares to a UK bank account for ease of management. Would I need to pay any tax to transfer those shares, noting I would not be selling them yet? For background: I live, work, and pay income taxes in the UK. Many thanks.
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 15:06:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

No. you would only pay when they are transferred. however any dividend income generated from these shares should be declared whether held in a UK or foreign account.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.