Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2024 13:23:02 GMT by radders
I am looking to potentially start a new process where I bring stock into the UK (from outside EU) for quality inspection and then move the goods to my sister company in EU to sell onwards to customers. I am unsure whether there is a method to ensure I do not pay duty on import to UK and then again on import to EU? The goods would be in UK no longer than 1 month before exporting to BV company. I have checked and the origin of the goods is always outside the EU, like Taiwan for example and therefore i do not think I can claim preferential rate upon import to EU. Where would i go for more advice?
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2024 15:38:54 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Hi HMRC publish guidance here. www.gov.uk/government/collections/pay-less-or-no-duty-on-goods-you-store-repair-process-or-temporarily-use
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2024 15:31:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 13 Response
Hi,
You can apply for Temporary Admission to import goods to the UK, or move goods from Great Britain to Northern Ireland, and use them temporarily before re-exporting them.
Guidance is available at:
Apply to import goods temporarily to the UK
Alternatively you can look into using inward processing to delay or reduce import duties or VAT on goods that you process or repair.
More information is available at the following link:
Apply to delay or pay less duty on goods you import to process or repair
Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.