Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 18 Aug 2023 10:59:45 GMT by
I am a UK citzen living in Porutal, I rent out my property in the UK and file a UK tax return and I also file a Portuguese Tax return. I include on both returns my rental income from my UK property. Under the DTA which country should I pay tax in on the rental income? and do I need to include the rental income on both tax returns?
Posted Wed, 23 Aug 2023 15:39:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi G Brett,

As its a UK property, the UK has first rights to tax this income.
Portugal may also reserve the right to tax it and you can claim relief for any UK tax paid against the Portuguese tax due.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.