Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2024 16:56:15 GMT by FenchyFoo
I own a quarter share of an FHL in the EEA. (My mum, dad, and sister each own a quarter share too.) For the purposes of my SA Tax return are the profits and losses divided into 4 so I report 25%? Or can my dad report 100% as he deals with it all and has the bank account? If he deals with it all do we just decide this or is there a form to complete? And if he declares 100% do I even need to mention it in my tax return? Thanks
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2024 08:31:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
As the FHL  is owned by four menbers  and you all own 25%  of the the income  received. all parties should report  their income or losses  received on the self assessment tax return.
Thankyou.
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2024 14:14:51 GMT by FenchyFoo
Thanks for your reply. Neither my sister nor I receive any of the profits. My dad receives all profits, manages the letting of the apartment, has the bank account and sorts everything out. We’re named on the escritura but beyond that have nothing to do with the apartment. Do I still need to add it to my SA tax return?
Posted Fri, 02 Aug 2024 09:35:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
Please have a look at the guidance at INTM332000 - Double taxation claims and applications - Beneficial ownership, as the concept of beneficial ownership is a complex one. 
For further information, please contact our self assesment helpline on 0300 200 3310, or contact our webchat facility at Contact HMRC or seek professional advice.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.