Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2024 16:23:28 GMT by Stephen Fryer
My NI records show that there is a gap for 2017-2018 but the website won't tell me what's wrong, or let me pay any missing contributions. Tried ringing but no-one ever picks up. Help!
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2024 09:38:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
I would advise you to call the NI helpline on 0300 200 3500 as we will need to view your National Insurance account in order to provide help.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2024 23:00:57 GMT by Ruby Aus Jaggard-Hawkins
Im living in Australia and have just qualified for my pension. I have already contacted the overseas pension centre to confirm I can buy back sixteen years of NI contributions - the problem is I cannot get confirmation despited call the centre four weeks ago and at the moment I cannot get through die to the delays in handling incoming calls. Am I able to get clarification from HMRC on this issue - it seems the overseas centre cannot handle the volume of calls and questions and time is running out ? Any info would be really appreciated.
Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2024 09:18:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Ruby Aus Jaggard-Hawkins,
Unfortunately HMRC can not confirm how many years or which years would benefit your state pension the most if you were to voluntary pay for them.
Only DWP can confirm this.
If you are having trouble contacting them via telephone then you could try contacting them via the online enquiry form.
Please find a link below:
International Pension Centre
Once you have confirmation from the DWP which years and how many you need to pay for then you must fill in a CF3 application form to apply to pay for the tax years.
Please find a link below to the application form:
Apply to pay voluntary National Insurance contributions when abroad.
Apply to pay voluntary National Insurance contributions when abroad (CF83)
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.