Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 02 Mar 2024 08:46:32 GMT by Saigongal
Hi. I filled in a form regarding voluntary contributions and have been following it on check progress. I have just checked now and it says complete, but I haven't had any information back regarding the decision. I wondered how I will be contacted - email, letter, or is it on my government gateway account? Unfortunately, since I wasn't checking progress daily I'm not sure when it was completed, but how long do I give it before I follow up on a response? And how/with whom should I follow up? Thanks
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 08:48:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Saigongal,
You should receive your reply from us through the post.
If you have not received your reply then you may wish to call our National Insurance Helpline on 0300 200 3500 (from the UK) or +44 191 2037010 (from overseas) and they will be able to send you a copy.
Thank you. 

Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 11:34:21 GMT by Keith
Dear HMRC Admin: Can you please answer the key question that Saigongal asked...namely how long after the "Completed" notification is provided on the Gateway or App should we expect the reply by post to take? Thanks!
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 08:58:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Keith,
Thank you for your enquiry. It can take up to 4 weeks for post to arrive (sometimes longer if you are abroad).
If you have waited longer than 4 weeks, please contact the National Insurance helpline and we will check your records and see if a copy can be issued.
The number is 0300 200 3500 (+44 191 203 7010 if calling from abroad) Lines are open Monday to Friday, from 8am to 6pm.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.