Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 02:53:12 GMT by Steve Hill
I have received my ICW, and details of payments required to allow me have a total of 35 years contributions. However, in the letter I received that accepts my application, there is the following statement: "State Pension can be paid anywhere abroad. However, the amount you receive does not normally go up when the rates increase in the UK" Does this mean that when I claim my state pension (which would be several years in the future) it will be fixed? (and will not have annual increases) If this is the case, what is the amount I would receive. Is it the normal full pension NOW (when I pay my Class 3 contributions), or is it the number at the time when I claim my pension? Note that there's various web sites out there providing advise to ex-pats, and pretty much all of them indicate that the pension would be index linked. Thanks in advance, -Steve
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 15:44:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Steve Hill,
If you live outside of the EU then your UK State Pension may be frozen in most countries.  
You would receive the rate applicable when you claimed your UK State Pension which would then be frozen.  
Some details may be found on the following weblink:  Countries where we pay an annual increase in the State Pension
More information is available from The Pension Service so you may wish to give their International Pension Centre a call on +44 191 2187777.
You may like to check your current and future entitlement to a UK State Pension, the following weblink details how to do this:  Check your State Pension forecast
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.