Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 30 Jul 2023 01:41:02 GMT by
I am 19 years old and yet to receive my NIN, I have been trying to obtain it for about a year and a half and have gotten no where, I have been to a: job centure, hmrc office, civic centre and have tryed online every Sunday for the past year and nothing. I want to be able to get a job or something but without the number, no one is willing to hire me as "its to much work". Please get back to me as at the moment my username is an understatement. Thank you
Posted Wed, 02 Aug 2023 10:03:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
We are  sorry that you are having difficulty obtaining your National Insurance number.  
The letter to confirm your NINO is usually sent out automatically about 4 months before your 16th Birthday to the address we hold on our records for you at the time.  
This will be taken from Child Benefit records if your parents were claiming Child Benefit for you.  
If this was not the case, you should contact our NI Helpline 0300 200 3500 who will make a trace for your NINO and then take any appropriate action, for example they may need to complete a Junior registration or may ask you to complete a form CA5403 (also available online) if they need more details for you to apply for a NINO.  
This is the link for information to apply for a NINO:
Apply for a National Insurance number
Thank you.
Posted Mon, 09 Oct 2023 14:03:33 GMT by
Hi please I applied for NIN on the 19th of September unfortunately I can remember the address I filled in my application to received the NIN, because as at the time of my application I was searching for accommodation. I stayed up to 5 places before I finally got my own accommodation. My application reference number is D4193905. my new address is 4 Kidd Street AB10 1RT Aberdeen. I will be glad is my request is granted. Thanks. 

Name removed admin .
Posted Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:24:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Efosa,

If you could call our National Insurance Helpline they will be able to advise you if a National Insurance Number has been created for you.  
They will be able to post the Number to you.  Their telephone number is 0300 2003500.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 27 Dec 2023 10:04:03 GMT by
hello. i am quering in behalf of my wife we have Submit an application for national insurance nummer in aug 2023.but yet not recieved decision. Application ref Nummer is. please give us latest Information about the application thanks

[Reference number removed - Admin]
Posted Tue, 02 Jan 2024 12:32:14 GMT by
I am writing to inquire about the status of my Nino application.. I had an appointment on 20th December, as of now, i have not received any answer regrading the status and creation of my Nino. Given the urgency of the matter, i received a job offer a month ago, and my employer is keen to have information about my Nino so i can start work at earliest convenience. If possible, could you please inform me if my Nino has been created? Timely information on this matter will enable me to meet the requirement of my job offer and begin working without any delays. I am grateful for your assistance, I look forward to your response. Yours Sincerely, Veritsa

[Personal Information Removed - HMRC Admin]
Posted Thu, 04 Jan 2024 08:45:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi 

You would need to contact the Department for Work and Pensions as they deal with National Insurance number registrations:

Thank you,

Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 12:05:56 GMT by
I requested my lost National Insurance number by post 2 months ago, but have yet to receive it. How do I monitor progress? Thank you
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 17:01:12 GMT by
Hi , I have applied Ni number on 26th of September 2023. still I did't receive the NI letter. I have contact the number which is on my application reference. they told me that NI letter will repost it again.but still I did't receive it.Please help
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 09:03:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi Renuka Nadeeshani, 

You would need to contact the Department for Work and Pensions as they deal with National Insurance number registrations:

Thank you,

Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 21:26:31 GMT by
Hi, I am 17 years old and I still didn't get my NIN. Last year before turning 16 I got a letter saying, it's a letter to confirm my surname but it also said to ignore the letter if my surname is correct and my surname was correct, so I ignored it. However it's been a year now and I still didn't get my NIN. This year I'll be turning 18 and I want to go for work but without the NIN I can't get any job. Please tell me what to do? Thank you,
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 18:31:56 GMT by
Hi, I applied for my NIN at the beginning of December - 11/12/23 to be exact. I have had no contact whether or not my application was successful. I was told it should only take 4 weeks and that if I have not heard to contact the office. However, when I call it says the number cannot provide an update to the status of my application.
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 08:09:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi ijazahmed,
Please inform your wife to contact the Department for work and Pensions regarding the application for a National Insurance number.
They will advise on the application outcome.
National Insurance number application helpline (England, Scotland and Wales)
Telephone: 0800 141 2079
National Insurance number application helpline (Northern Ireland)
Telephone: 0800 587 0024
Thank you.

Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 13:27:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi Ashwinimascarenhas,

If you could contact our National Insurance Helpline they will be able to trace for your National Insurance Number and post it out to you.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 12:05:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi Andrea Candler,

If you have not yet received your National Insurance number, please contact our National Insurance team and they will be able to trace your National Insurance number and provide you with a letter to confirm it.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 08:56:22 GMT by
hi ive still not recived my ni number and im 16 its been 3 months can i pls have an email instead of a phone number to get it thanks
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 10:52:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Sean02,
If you have applied for a new National Insurance Number then it may take up to 8 weeks for you to receive it.  
If you have not received your Number after 8 weeks then you may wish to call the National Insurance Allocation Team on 0800 141 2079.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 15:37:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi wayne palmer,
You can ask a parent/legal guardian/foster carer to call our National Insurance Helpline on your behalf.  
They would not be told your National Insurance Number but, the Helpline would arrange for a letter to be issued directly to you.  
Our National Insurance Helpline number is 0300 200 3500.  
If you prefer you may write to us to request your National Insurance Number.  
Our postal address is:  
HM Revenue & Customs,
PT Operations North East
England,
BA9 1AN.
Thank you.

Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 10:20:47 GMT by
Hi, my name is Joicy Lara Gonçalves, I got my answer about my Visa on November 29th, and they said within 7-10 days I will received my BRP in my address. This does not happened, and I'm still waiting. After few attempts to speak with Home Office, I received an email with the follow instructions: ''We can produce your BRP because we are waiting the DEPARTAMENT OF WORKS AND PENSIONS TO DO YOUR NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER.'' Why the DWP does not produce my NIN? I did everything I can do, report in Gov.uk, call to home office, visit my MP, and nobody can't help me. I just want my BRP to have a Share Code and Work. Please, have been a long time, and I'm engaged, cause I can't do nothing without my BRP.
Posted Mon, 12 Feb 2024 18:08:33 GMT by
Hi Applied for NIN but never arrived: Contacted HMRC National Insurance Allocation Team on 0800 141 2079 They informed me NIN was allocated and letter sent. Never received letter. Called HMRC National Insurance Allocation Team back on 0800 141 2079 and was told to call 0300 2003500. This number is unable to help. Please let me know who to contact and how? Really need my NIN asap. Thanks

You must be signed in to post in this forum.