Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 12 Jun 2023 20:27:50 GMT by
Hi, I'm french and i'm UK resident and worker since 2009. In my national insurance record, i have in the summary 16 years of full contribution, while i have really 13 years. Do you have an explanation? Many thanks, Tom
Posted Fri, 16 Jun 2023 10:14:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Tom3869,
From 1975 Starting Credits (sometimes known as Juvenile Credits) were awarded for tax years during which the customers' dates of birth made them 16, 17 or 18 years of age.  
These credits may not be showing on your statement or pension forecast, but will be included in your total reckonable years.
These three years will count towards your State Pension.
Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 04 Jul 2023 13:27:39 GMT by
Many Thanks !
Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 22:18:50 GMT by
Hi. Greetings. I applied for my national insurance number over a month now. During my national insurance number registration records. I made a mistake in my address. I have contacted the helplines, they told me that my Ni number is out but have not been sent to me due to the mistake in address during registration. I was directed to contact HMRC for an update of address. I contacted the HMRC and was asked to put my national insurance number which I haven't even gotten yet.I have been finding it difficult to resolve the address mistake. Please do you have an explanation? How do I go about correcting the mistake of address? I really need help, and need my NI number urgently for my job. Please help me. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 03 Jan 2024 12:00:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi ANAELE ONYEDIKACHI PRECIOUS,
If the DWP have advised you that they have created a National Insurance Number for you then our National Insurance Helpline should be able to trace it for you and update it for you.
If you could call our National Insurance Helpline on 0300 200 3500 they will be able to help you further.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 02 May 2024 19:44:37 GMT by Caroline Keohane
I have just moved to the UK to begin working here. I have applied for a National Insurance number and received an Application Reference Number by email and the email provided a number to call to make an appointment to show my ID documents as the next stage of the process. However each time I call the number there is just an automated message and the phone goes dead when I make the proper selection. This number does not seem to be working. Please please can some help be provided as I need to speak to someone as I cannot get on the payroll system without the NI number. Thanks in advance, Caroline Keohane
Posted Fri, 10 May 2024 07:35:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Caroline Keohane,
The National Insurance Number Allocation Team will be able to help you further.
Contact details here:
Apply for a National Insurance number
Thank you. 

Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2024 18:35:37 GMT by pierredc
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.