Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 15:16:24 GMT by margotfonseca
Hi, Retirement date November 2029. On the NI contributions record it says that there are 33 full years NI contributions, and that the pension will be full, i.e. as of now £203.85 a week. Counting up the years listed with full contributions there are only 30. I understand that the 3 included in the total of 33 must be the Starting Credit for being 16, 17 and 18 in 1978, 1979 and 1980 - is that correct? However that doesn't explain why the pension forecast is for a full pension with only 33 years contribution. Please don't tell me to ring the Future Pension Centre on 0800 731 0175 because after trying multiple times this just cuts off straight after asking if I want to speak to someone in English or Welsh. Thanks and regards
Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 09:27:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi margotfonseca
As everybody’s pensions are different and their circumstances and years required for a full pension differ, we cant comment on individual pensions. You will need to speak to DWP to enquire further.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 23 Feb 2024 00:34:20 GMT by Lynne Stk
I have a similar situation which is unresolved as I cannot get through to DWP as all lines are permanently engaged. My state pension started mid-August 2023 (at age 66 years) but I am not receiving the full amount, being around £5 short each week. According to GOV.UK, however, my NI record states “ You have: 47 years of full contributions. 3 years when you did not contribute enough”. If I have 47 FULL years, why would I not receive the full state pension?
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 16:18:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Lynne Stk,
Unfortunately HMRC cannot provide an explanation or advice with regards to your pension calculation.
You will need to contact the Department for Work and Pensions. Please see their details here -
Contact the Pension Service: Get information about your State Pension
If you can’t get through to speak to an advisor, you can write to them at the following address:
The Pension Service
Post Handling Site A
Wolverhampton
WV98 1AF
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.