Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2024 21:10:30 GMT by R Tho
My question relates to the version of the CF83 form that you fill out online and then print (https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/guidance/apply-to-pay-ni-contributions-abroad/start/about-this-guidance) In the section headed 'Employment Abroad' it asks for the name and job start date of your overseas employer etc. There is then a question that says "Did you work for this employer immediately before you left the UK"? Is this wording definitely correct? I could understand it if it said "Did you work for this employer immediately AFTER you left the UK"?, so I'm concerned I'm missing the point of the question. I don't see that question on the CF83 version that you print and then fill out manually. I want to make sure I am eligible for Class II rates
Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2024 08:45:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi R Tho,
Sometimes there may be liability for Class 1 National Insurance contributions for a certain number of years after leaving the UK if your UK employer sends you to work overseas for them.
The question about being employed by the same employer before leaving the UK is to help us check that your National Insurance account is correct, that there are no missing contributions and will help us to check if there was any liability.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.