Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• CF83 question

My question relates to the version of the CF83 form that you fill out online and then print (https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/guidance/apply-to-pay-ni-contributions-abroad/start/about-this-guidance) In the section headed 'Employment Abroad' it asks for the name and job start date of your overseas employer etc. There is then a question that says "Did you work for this employer immediately before you left the UK"? Is this wording definitely correct? I could understand it if it said "Did you work for this employer immediately AFTER you left the UK"?, so I'm concerned I'm missing the point of the question. I don't see that question on the CF83 version that you print and then fill out manually. I want to make sure I am eligible for Class II rates
  • Government Gateway State Pension summary and National Insurance Record

I moved overseas in 2004 and wanted to review my pension/NI status If I go to 'View your National Insurance record', I see 8 years marked as 'Full Years'. These correspond to 5 years I was in full time education, and 3 years I worked before I moved. but If I go to 'View your State Pension summary', it shows that I have 8 years on record; however ALL of those are marked 'Year is not full'. Why the discrepancy? Is that because I was in a in a contracted-out pension scheme? Will that affect my ability to pay Class II contributions to fill in gaps while I was overseas?