Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 31 May 2023 08:30:41 GMT by
I made 2 voluntary ni payment for my wife, the cheques where cashed 18 April and 14 March. As yet my wife's account hasn't been updated.
Posted Wed, 31 May 2023 14:10:28 GMT by
Hi, in 2022 I paid some gaps in my NI payments to top up my state pension. I was given an 18 digit code, I need to pay one more year can I use the 18 digit code from last year or do I now need a new one please? Thank you
Posted Wed, 31 May 2023 16:50:04 GMT by
another question relating to this can I call then NI helpdesk even if its regarding my wifes NI record
Posted Mon, 05 Jun 2023 12:01:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
Payments need to be applied manually to the NI record and he area which deal with this work are currently dealing with payments  which were received on 29 September 2022.  
If your wife contacts the NI helpline on 0300 200 3500, they will be able to allocate the payment to her NI record during the call.
Lines are open 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 06 Jun 2023 14:26:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi judith Waring,

The 18 digit reference number is given for a specific payment. In order to ensure the payment is made to the correct account, and allocated as quickly as possible, you will need to obtain a new 18 digit reference by contacting our National Insurance team.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 06 Jun 2023 15:37:40 GMT by
Hi, thank you for that information. My record said last week that I had 37 qualifying years of NI payments with 1 year to pay to reach my maximum state pension. I paid that 1 year, now my record says I have 38 qualifying years BUT still says I need 1 more year to qualify for my maximum pension. How can that be? Thank you in advance
Posted Mon, 12 Jun 2023 12:02:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

Any questions regarding your state pension forecast should be directed to DWP. 

If you are below pension age you should contact the Future Pension Centre .

Contact the Future Pension Centre

If you are over pension age you should contact the Pension Service.

Contact the Pension Service

HMRC cannot advise on the years needed to reach the maximum state pension.

Thank you.

Posted Sat, 06 Apr 2024 14:25:34 GMT by BarbS
I paid a NI additional contribution 10 days ago. I had an email confirmation but to date my records have not been updated, How long should I wait before contacting HMRC and who should I call? Thanks
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 07:49:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi BarbS,
The payments have been very busy towards the end of the tax year but we are processing them in good time, if it has been more than eight weeks since making the payment you can contact our NI helpline and an agent will check the details.
Thank you.

Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:53:19 GMT by Angrybird
I have one year overpayment from my voluntary contribution since March 2023 (yes 2023!!!). although I was sent a letter in May 2023 to let me know I will be getting a refund, months passed , I still haven't received anything. Despite me making several phone calls and raising online complaints a couple times , I am still not getting my refund. If you decide to keep my money please give me another pensionable year. I hope someone will be reading this...
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 12:04:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

We are sorry to hear of the delay you are experiencing in receiving your refund. Unfortunately, without checking your records, we are unable to help you on this forum.

Please contact the National Insurance team and we can check your records, and answer any further queries you may have. 

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 02 Sep 2024 22:44:27 GMT by Julian
I paid a NI additional contribution 3 weeks ago. I have had no email confirmation and to date my records have not been updated, How long should I wait before contacting HMRC and who should I call? Thanks
Posted Tue, 03 Sep 2024 06:51:42 GMT by Cormac Mehigan
I left the UK in 2010 and I’ve been paying class three contributions since then. I have recently become aware that I possibly should’ve only been paying class two contributions and therefore maybe entitled to a refund and also only pay class two contributions going forward. Can you clarify for me?
Posted Mon, 09 Sep 2024 09:56:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Cormac,
You must request this type of change request in writing and you should also complete a new CF83 application from the gov.uk website. You should submit as much information covering your time abroad.
More information can be found searching our website for Guidance on Social Security abroad: NI38.
Thank you.

Posted Mon, 09 Sep 2024 10:24:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Julian,
If your NI record has not been updated 8 weeks after payment was made, please contact the NI helpline on 0300 200 3500. Lines are open 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.