Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 18:25:57 GMT by Mark Popham
My Mum is 92 and received a letter saying she might not have been credited for HRP beginning back 1978, It advised her to check she was entitled before applying.....needless to say she required some help knowing what "gov.uk" even is....Near the end of the web page about HRP it mentions being married and paying reduced NI as reason why you might not be entitled, implying you needed to check this yourself ....So far we have been unable to find her payslips from 1978-1980 (when my brother was under 16) but we were able to print off her National Insurance Record which shows "Year is not full" for all years from 1975 to retirement in 1991. Is it possible to have made zero contributions whilst working full time as a Health Visitor ? Given that phone contact is not ideal for my Mum and I do not have Financial Power of Attorney I am hoping someone on this forum can recommend the most effective way to resolve the aforementioned issues.
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 11:23:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

You will need to contact our National Insurance team to enquire about any periods of HRP or married women’s reduced National Insurance on their account.

As no power of attorney is in place, we would need to speak to the account holder for security reasons and you can assist in the call once security has been passed if they are happy for you to speak on their behalf. We also have an extra support team if required to assist if required.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.