Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Class 3 NI contributions , adjustment to state pension.

We were told on the phone (after a 45 minute wait to get through) that it would take around 8 weeks to update the NI record but nothing about how long the change in years would take to feed through to how much pension is actually received (stupidly we didn't ask this question) so would be interested to find this out too.
  • RE: Access to Government Gateway 'Get a National Insurance contributions statement...'

Isn't there an option to answer questions about credit history? I seem to remember using this as one of the options. The questions were along the lines of knowing when you last took out a loan or a credit card and so on - the answers were multiple choice and gave a range of options like "In the last six months, six months and year, one to two years, two to five years, never"....something like that anyway - so not actual dates. Again from memory I don't think there were many questions, maybe three.
  • HRP Letter leads to deeper questions

My Mum is 92 and received a letter saying she might not have been credited for HRP beginning back 1978, It advised her to check she was entitled before applying.....needless to say she required some help knowing what "gov.uk" even is....Near the end of the web page about HRP it mentions being married and paying reduced NI as reason why you might not be entitled, implying you needed to check this yourself ....So far we have been unable to find her payslips from 1978-1980 (when my brother was under 16) but we were able to print off her National Insurance Record which shows "Year is not full" for all years from 1975 to retirement in 1991. Is it possible to have made zero contributions whilst working full time as a Health Visitor ? Given that phone contact is not ideal for my Mum and I do not have Financial Power of Attorney I am hoping someone on this forum can recommend the most effective way to resolve the aforementioned issues.