Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 10:42:07 GMT by Pancho99! alderton
I paid voluntary class 3 NI contributions in September 2023. Along with some credits for adult specified childcare this credited me with an extra 3 full years towards my state pension (I'm already in receipt of my pension). I received the 'automated receipt' for the money I'd paid by e-mail. I phoned DWP this morning for an update about my adjustment to my pension, and they asked if I'd had an actual letter from HMRC stating they'd received my payment, as they didn't seem to know anything about it! They said they'd look into it but suggested I also called HMRC. I think I gave up waiting on the phone. Would this take a long time? I did receive letters from HMRC stating I was successful with my extra 3 years credit claim. It all seems strange to me?
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 12:14:35 GMT by Mark Popham
We were told on the phone (after a 45 minute wait to get through) that it would take around 8 weeks to update the NI record but nothing about how long the change in years would take to feed through to how much pension is actually received (stupidly we didn't ask this question) so would be interested to find this out too.
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 10:50:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi Pancho99! alderton,

The area who will allocate the payment to your National Insurance record are currently dealing with work received in May 2023.

If you contact our National Insurance team we will be able to locate your payment and apply it to the correct years during the call.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.