Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 22 Sep 2023 14:57:04 GMT by Tony Chau
I received my Nation Insurance no. long time ago, and I lost my card during the year. Now i wanted to retrieve the number for Online Tax purpose. this was the page I visited "". though to it said to retrieve the National Insurance number I would required to provide my National Insurance number.... then I found a paper form version "CA5403", I sent out the form to the office and never heard of it. on 90% of the case, all posts I mailed to HMRC office never get return. anyone can help on that? Tony
Posted Wed, 04 Oct 2023 09:26:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Tony Chau,

To trace a NINO even if you don’t know it…

-    Try setting up Personal Tax Account via, if sufficient security questions passed then NINO will be confirmed.
-    Call the NI helpline on 0300 200 3500 and answer security questions – NINO will be sent in the post.
-    CA5403 from fill in and submit by post, office will trace NINO and send confirmation by post.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.