Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:55:23 GMT by
Hi, End of August I sent a letter with the signed CF83 from Italy to PT Operations BX9 1AN, applying to pay voluntary class 2 NIC. The Italian Post tracking shows that as of 16 Sept 2023 the letter is available for pickup in the UK but has not been picked up yet. Can you please let me who to contact to check whether HMRC actually received my letter? I can provide the tracking number in a private message. Thanks
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 14:22:46 GMT by nr8209
Having the same problem in the UK. Currently on the phone to PO after signed for item has sat in NW Midlands sorting office for 10 days. Seems to be an issue with the postcode? I'm stuck because I don't want to duplicate the form as it will cause confusion and probably won't hear back if its arrived for 7-11 months per likely backlog.
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 11:12:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi Andrea,

Our International Team that deal with EU countries are currently dealing with queries received on 21 March 2023. Unfortunately, this means that there will be about a 42 week delay from the date that they received your CF83 before you receive a reply.  

You may, however, wish to contact our National Insurance team to ensure that your CF83 application form has been received and they will be able to give you an approximate time for a reply.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.