Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Mechanism for paying class 2 NI contributions from abroad

I completed CF83 in January requesting to pay 3 years Class 2 (2009-12) from when I was in the USA (per guidance from FPH). I reach state pension age next month. PT Operations NE has replied stating it's too late to pay voluntary NI contributions for any tax years before the current one. I have searched everywhere and cannot find any reference to it being "too late" as I should be able to pay back to 2006 until the extended deadline in 2025. I also contacted FPH who were unsure why this response had been made. I'm frustrated as voluntary contributions are the only part that doesn't get deducted from my federal pension.
  • RE: Class 2 NIC paid via SA - how long to show on the state pension record

Same question - 2022-3 paid this month and want to pay 2023-4 asap (April 6th) as get my pension in April. Record showing 2021-2 not yet available. I'm concerned about reports of 11 month wait times for CI83 form to be processed heard from other Gov agencies
  • RE: CF83 - letter lost?

Having the same problem in the UK. Currently on the phone to PO after signed for item has sat in NW Midlands sorting office for 10 days. Seems to be an issue with the postcode? I'm stuck because I don't want to duplicate the form as it will cause confusion and probably won't hear back if its arrived for 7-11 months per likely backlog.