Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:08:28 GMT by Vincentd
I'm Belgian. I work in Scotland since June 2021 ( full time) but I'm still a Belgian resident ( I commute between Belgium and Scotland). I have a UK contract in a UK company. I pay national insurance contributions in UK and I have a NHS number. So far , so good. I'm insured in UK and I can benefit from NHS services. As I still live in Belgium, I need health services as well. I know that there is a mutual agreement between both countries ( UK and Belgium) : I pay contributions in UK and I should be covered in both countries. Belgian Insurance company ( called "mutuelle" in French) is asking me information about the institution to which I'm insured (NHS in this case). I gave them my personal NHS number but it's not enough .. They want to get the "identification number of the institution", NHS in this case. I have no clue where I can find that number . They told me that they need that number to enable a wire transfer request. This information is part of the information to be filled in the E104 form which is used between UK and EU countries. Can someone help me ! Thanks a lot . Vincent
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 11:55:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Vincentd,
From the information you have provided, it sounds like the Belgium authorities will need to request a S041 certificate from HMRC.
Please contact the authorities in Belgium and advise them to request the SO41 by completing SED S040.
Thank you.

Posted Mon, 01 Jul 2024 19:20:36 GMT by Tibor Peco
Hi I need E104 form please
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2024 06:25:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Tibor,
To apply for a E104 form please see guidance here:
You can either apply online or via post.
Get a PDU1 certificate or a National Insurance contributions statement
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.