Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 18:37:48 GMT by philip_an
Hello, I applied for a national insurance number as I was instructed by SfE due to my application for a student loan for a course that will start in September. I applied using a relative's address in Jersey whom I visited in September. Since the end of September and until the beginning of my course I will be ordinarily resident in an EU country. After having applied I noticed that the website says that you should only apply for a national insurance number if you are in the UK. As I was told on the phone that my application was approved and a national insurance number has been issued, how can I go about clarifying to HMRC that since September I have not been residing in Jersey(There was nowhere on the form that you were able to explain this). Thanks in advance
Posted Tue, 21 May 2024 10:07:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
If you could call our National Insurance Helpline on 0300 200 3500 (from the UK) or +44 191 2037010 (from overseas), they will be able to trace for your National Insurance Number, update your address and provide you with it through the post.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.