Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 18:12:13 GMT by Keith
At various points within this customer forum, mention has been made of a future online voluntary NI contributions tool being developed, A Government spokesperson has been quoted as saying "We are building a new online service to allow people to see if making voluntary National Insurance contributions would increase their state pension and then make any payments. The new service is currently being developed and tested to make absolutely sure it is easy to use and provides accurate information in a straightforward way. We expect it to be ready later this financial year." Can you provide answers to the following questions please... 1. When will this tool become available for public use? 2. Will people living abroad be able to use it, or will they still be required to submit a CF83 and wait for a mailed response (currently an anticipated 47 weeks later)? 3. What can we expect from the tool? Will we be able do what was quoted above...namely "see if making voluntary National Insurance contributions would increase their state pension and then make any payments"? Thanks!
Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:32:22 GMT by Keith
A reply from HRMC would be much appreciated!
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 11:48:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi Keith

I am afraid this tool is still in the development stage. Full details of how it can be used will be provided when they are available. I can however advise that you can now complete and submit form CF83 online.

I am sorry I cannot give any further information at this stage.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.