Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2024 21:43:03 GMT by Helen Wyatt
My son (17) needs to change his name associated with his national insurance number but we have misplaced his orginal card so no record of the number. How do we go about doing this please.
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2024 13:39:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
Please contact our National Insurance Helpline, we will be able to do a trace for your sons national insurance number, update his name and issue out a confirmation of his number with the updated name.
We will need to speak to your son so it would be best if he was with you when you call.
Please find our contact details below:
Number  0300 200 3500
Text Relay  18001 0300 200 3500 (Text Relay)
Overseas  +44 191 203 7010
Open  Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Web Address
www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni
Thank you.
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2024 21:23:01 GMT by Sterling Olu
I am unable to access my profile and my records, each time it says my record is not updated. I called severally and was on phone for hours without receiving attention. What else can I do please?
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2024 07:22:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Sterling Olu,
Thank you for your query,
I am sorry to hear you are struggling to get I contact with us via telephone. Another way of contacting HMRC is via our Webchat Service please find a link below.
Contact HMRC - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
On the webpage there will be a list of departments. Simply click the department that is applicable to you. On the next screen that comes up, click on the link that says “Ask HMRC online”. You should then be put through to our web chat service.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.