Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:04:57 GMT by robben
Hi, I am working for a foreign employer and using DCNI scheme. I use PAYE Basic Tools to operate my payroll. I have two corrections that I don't know how to operate. 1. I need to correct the payment date from 5th April 2023 to 6th April 2023 for my salary of March 2023. I tried to correct the amount to 0 for the payment on 5th 2023 of 22-23 tax year. After that, I added a new payment on 6th April 2023 of 23-24 tax year. However, the tools do not allow me to add a payment with a payment date before the latest submission date, which is in Dec 2023. My question is how to add the payment back to 6th April 2023? Can I use 'add a mistimed payment'? 2. I also need to correct the period of no payment EPS. I reported the wrong period of no pament EPS, which has payment and submitted to HMRC within that period. I find that I can add a new EPS for the correct period with no payment. However, I can't find any method to remove the wrong EPS. Can anyone advise me the method? Thank you for your help!
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 12:48:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
1) You cannot add a missing payment in, you have to roll the software back to a saved point before you sent your first FPS for the 2023 - 24 year, this removes all the payments you can then add them all back on including the missing one for 06/04/2023.
You would then send the next normal FPS to us.        
2) There is  no need to remove the EPS, reporting no payment, you can still send FPS to us.
Thankyou.
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 13:26:40 GMT by robben
Hi, so for the first issue, after I load the backup files to a point before 06/04/2023 and then add back all the payment up to the latest one, should I just submit them in one go like the normal operation for the payroll? Because I have asked the online helpdesk. The collegue said in add a new payment in the backup, there is a special option "exceptionally add". I need to choose this otherwise, the system would double count the submission. But I can't find the "exceptionally add" in PAYE Basic Tools. May I know where can I find this out? Thank you!
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 12:52:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi robben,
If you are having issues with restoring and rebuilding BPT we would suggest you speak again to online services.
Technical support with HMRC online services
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.