Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 08 Dec 2023 10:26:36 GMT by
Hi, i arrived in Aug 2023 and started to work in Oct 2023. My company is currently using PAYE and my tax code is 1257L. However, i would like to apply split year and i know i am eligible. In this case, the calculation is wrong when it comes to my allowance. My company asked me to contact HMRC. Please advise what should i do next?
Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 15:42:11 GMT by Geek
Your tax code is a cumulative code throughout the tax year that starts on 5th April each year. You cannot split the tax code between different tax years. You can call HMRC on 0300 200 3300 to clarify this
Posted Wed, 13 Dec 2023 13:48:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

1257L is the correct code as you are due allowances of £12570 for the tax year.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.