Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:12:45 GMT by katie forrest
There is a 500 employee cap for P11d through thegateway online account. Can I have more than 500 employees in the employee list in the P11d section if I am only creating a p11d for 250 staff. With staff who received P11ds in previous years who can not be removed from the employee list and the new staff I would be adding for 23/24 would take the employee on the employee list over 500 but not the employees I am reporting on. I suppose my question would be is the 500 cap for the employee list in P11d sections or the number of employees being reported ? thanks Katie
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2024 15:35:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi  ,

The cap applies to the employee list as this is what is used to generate the P11Ds for the employees. 

You should be able to remove any employees from the list that have left your employment or no longer require to have a P11D filed for them. 

If you have any difficulties in doing this please contact HMRC's Online Service Helpdesk on 0300 200 3600 .

Thank you 
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 09:12:40 GMT by katie forrest
Hi, that doesn't seem to be the case the Employee List holds all employees who have received a P11d in the last 6 years. I have tried removing employee who have had a P11d 4 years ago and get an error message stating this. There are 420 on my list less than 100 of these are due a P11d this year but the rest can not be removed due to historical data to be saved for audit regulations confirmed by your online and employers helpline . It would seem that not all employees on the employees on the list receive a P11d as 200 approx were submitted last year and the list is at 420. I have called the employers helpline 4 times and the online team once and can not get a definitive response. The looks as though the list stores the employee data and I can select the employees from the list to create a P11d however the actual list itself is not used to generate the P11d. thank you
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 12:07:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

We are sorry if you are having issues with this system. You will need to contact our online services team again to report this so they can escalate this.

Technical support with HMRC online services

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.